Wyoming post-adoption support
Below are post-adoption and guardianship support services available to families who live in Wyoming. Services may not be available in all areas and/or may be dependent upon the circumstances of the placement. Please check with your post-adoption services provider about the availability of specific post-adoption or guardianship support services for your family. You can also visit Child Welfare Information Gateway for information on Adoption and Guardianship Assistance, as well as additional information on post-adoption support.
On this page:
Post-adoption/guardianship support services
What services are available?
In Wyoming, adoptive and guardianship families have access to the following services:
- Child/youth assessment of needs and strengths
- Information (websites, fact sheets, articles, etc.)
- Referral to services or advocacy
- Training/other development
- Birth family mediation and/or adoption search
- Case management
- Educational support/advocacy
- Respite care
- Financial/material support
- Community-based therapeutic services
- Residential therapeutic services
Who is eligible for these services?
- Families who have adopted from the state’s foster care system
- Families who took guardianship of a child from the state’s foster care system
Who provides these services?
The Wyoming Department of Family Services (DFS) provides adoption/guardianship support services through its local DFS offices.
Parent support groups
We do not currently have any information on parent support groups in Wyoming.
To add a group or make a suggestion, email the AdoptUSKids family support team.