Raising awareness of the need for adoptive families
"You don't have to be perfect to be a perfect parent"
Our National Adoption Recruitment Campaign—built around the theme "You don’t have to be perfect to be a perfect parent”—promotes adoption from foster care and raises awareness of the 112,000 children and youth waiting to be adopted.
This year, the campaign’s public service announcements highlight the need for families for older youth. Of more than 5,000 children in foster care actively photolisted on adoptuskids.org, 43 percent are 15–18 years old.
The new PSAs showcase parents exploring creative solutions to parenting challenges, including a father helping his teen daughter improve her grades in French class and a mother with a cat allergy trying to accommodate her son’s request for a family pet. The humorous, lighthearted scenarios show that even teens still need their parents’ help sometimes.
The PSAs end with the tagline, “You don’t have to be perfect to be a perfect parent,” reassuring prospective parents that even if they are not ‘perfect’, they have the ability to provide the stability and security that older youth in foster care need and deserve.
The National Adoption Recruitment Campaign is a partnership of AdoptUSKids, the Children’s Bureau, and the Ad Council.
Watch all the campaign videos on the AdoptUSKids YouTube channel.
Members of the media
- Read the press release announcing the current campaign: in English and in Spanish.
- Contact our communications and marketing director with questions about the national ad campaign.
- Visit our media page to read press releases and media coverage.
- Learn how to support this important initiative with donated media by contacting Valerie Rastetter at The Ad Council.
- Visit the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment website to learn how we help state agencies customize PSAs and secure donated media time in their local market.