Kansas post-adoption support
Below are post-adoption support services available to families who live in Kansas. Services may not be available in all areas and/or may be dependent upon the circumstances of the placement. Please check with your post-adoption services provider about the availability of specific post-adoption or guardianship support services for your family. You can also visit Child Welfare Information Gateway for information on Adoption and Guardianship Assistance, as well as additional information on post-adoption support.
On this page:
In Kansas, adoptive families have access to the following services through a post-adoption support program:
- Information (websites, fact sheets, articles, etc.)
- Referral to services
- Training and development
- Peer support for parents
- Retreats and family support events
- Educational support
- Crisis intervention and support
The following services may be available as part of an adoption/guardianship subsidy agreement based on the needs of the individual child.
- Child and youth assessments
- Case management
- Financial/material support
- Respite care
- In-home therapeutic services
- Residential therapeutic services
Who is eligible for these services?
- Families who have adopted from the state’s foster care system
- Families who have adopted from another state’s foster care system
- Families who have adopted internationally or privately
- Families who have guardianship of a child from foster care
Who provides these services?
The Kansas Department of Children and Families contracts with the FosterAdopt Connect to offer the Kansas Post-Adoption Resource Center (K-PARC). Services are available statewide.
Below are support groups for adoptive, kinship, and foster families. Support groups may be offered as part of a state’s post-adoption/guardianship support program, through a statewide or regional foster or adoptive parent association, through specific agencies, or may be run independently. If we have additional information about the group’s purpose or the community served, it’s provided under the group’s contact information.
To add a group or make a suggestion, email the AdoptUSKids family support team.
Kansas Children's Service League
Saint Francis Community Services