- Our Services
- For Families
- For Professionals
- Join the Conversation
- Meet the Children
Webinars on Recruitment and Retention
We offer free webinars aimed at helping you achieve better outcomes for children through creative strategies, promising practices, and new ideas from the field. Find out about our upcoming webinars or view our archive of past webinars below.
All webinars are hosted by the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids in coordination with members of the U.S. Children’s Bureau Training and Technical Assistance (T/TA) Network.
No upcoming webinars are scheduled at this time. Check back soon for updates.
Our Past Webinars
Partnering for Permanency: Creative Strategies for Raising Awareness About Adoption from Foster Care
This free webinar held on October 2, 2013 was a collaborative effort of the Children’s Bureau, AdoptUSKids, and Child Welfare Information Gateway.
- Highlighted effective ways that child welfare program leaders and public information officers can partner with each other to develop and implement effective communication strategies to raise awareness about adoption from foster care and support the child welfare agency’s recruitment efforts.
- Introduced new resources available to support adoption awareness and recruitment efforts, including the 2013 National Adoption Month website and new publications to support partnerships between program managers and public information officers.
- Provided information about the upcoming national ad campaign and ways to localize the ad campaign materials.
View the archived recording.
Download the webinar presentation (PDF – 1.6 MB)
Diligent Recruitment Grantees' Findings
Key Findings and Lessons Learned by 2008 Diligent Recruitment Grantees (PDF – 1.4 MB): These presentations feature key findings about successes and lessons learned by each of the grantees that received Diligent Recruitment grants from the Children’s Bureau in 2008. The 2008 grantees shared this information with other Diligent Recruitment grantees as they completed their five-year Diligent Recruitment grants.
LGBT-Headed Foster and Adoptive Families: Youth Perspectives
This free 90-minute webinar held on June 21, 2012:
- Highlighted research by AdoptUSKids on the perspectives of youth adopted from the foster care system by lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) parents
- Shared helpful youth perspectives, practice tips, and resources on LGBT
parents from the National Resource Center for Permanency and Family Connections
2011 National Adoption Month: Build Capacity to Make Lasting Change
This free 90-minute webinar held on October 27, 2011:
- Showcased new materials to honor National Adoption Month all year long
- Introduced and highlighted U.S. Children's Bureau sponsored resources available through Child Welfare Information Gateway, the National Resource Center for Adoption, the Ad Council, and AdoptUSKids
Engaging Community Stakeholders: Strategies for Effective Recruitment of Foster and Adoptive Families
This free 90-minute webinar held on July 20, 2011, focused on the importance of partnering with community stakeholders to recruit foster and adoptive families for children in foster care. It highlighted creative strategies several of the Children’s Bureau’s 2008 Diligent Recruitment Grantees are using to do this by:
- Sharing lessons learned on building effective relationships with community partners
- Exploring how community partnerships have helped agencies strengthen their recruitment efforts
- Offering specific suggestions to engage community partners
National Adoption Month: Strategies for Permanence that
Create Lasting Change
This webinar was held on November 3, 2010 to:
- Provide tips, tools, and strategies to enhance recruitment and retention plans during National Adoption Month and throughout the year
- Highlight components of the AdoptUSKids website as a tool to support National Adoption Month activities
- Share creative ideas from the field that other agencies can do immediately and plan for months to come
- Identify great new resources for building your agency’s capacity
- Introduce the 2010 National Adoption Month website and the 2010 National Adoption Month Capacity Building Toolkit (PDF – 6 MB)