- Our Services
- For Families
- For Professionals
- Join the Conversation
- Meet the Children
The mission of AdoptUSKids is two-fold: to raise public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families for children in the public child welfare system; and to assist U.S. States, Territories, and Tribes to recruit and retain foster and adoptive families and connect them with children.
To accomplish this mission, AdoptUSKids provides the following services:
- On-site and off-site technical assistance for U.S. States, Territories, Tribes, and Courts through the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids
- A national public awareness outreach campaign done in coordination with the Ad Council through radio, print, and TV public service advertisements with the theme “You Don’t Have to be Perfect to be a Perfect Parent”
- A toll-free information and referral line for families and professionals at 888-200-4005
- A full service website with photolistings of children and families, information on adoption and foster care guidelines across the country, and resources for recruiting and retaining families
- Support for foster and adoptive families through the provision of short-term, mini-grants for parent support groups
- Evaluation and research on evidence-based foster and adoption practices
Find out more about our services and the National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids.
Meet Our Team
AdoptUSKids is made up of an expert team of people located across the country, all working together to provide free services to foster and adoptive families and the U.S. States, Territories, Tribes, and Courts that serve them.
National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment
The National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment at AdoptUSKids assists States, Tribes, and Territories in recruiting and retaining foster, adoptive, and kinship families through on-site and off-site technical assistance.
Diligent Recruitment Grantees
AdoptUSKids provides support and technical assistance to 15 diligent recruitment projects awarded to public agencies as part of the U.S. Children’s Bureau’s Adoption Opportunities program.