Family recruitment, development, and support
The National Resource Center for Diligent Recruitment (NRCDR) at AdoptUSKids provides information, tools, and technical assistance that help states, tribes, and territories improve placement stability and permanency, build capacity, and create lasting systemic change related to recruiting, developing, and supporting families for children in foster care.
A cornerstone of the NRCDR’s service delivery is a diverse team of staff and consultants who have worked on the front lines and in leadership positions in child welfare, foster care, and adoption and help child welfare systems throughout the country identify and apply best practices in diligent recruitment and retention, data-informed decision making, and system-change models.
Learn more about the free technical assistance provided by the NRCDR.
The NRCDR at AdoptUSKids has a library of dozens of free publications and other materials that provide information on topics related to diligent recruitment, covering the range of foster, adoptive, and kinship family recruitment, development, and support. They offer resources to help child welfare systems develop comprehensive diligent recruitment plans and programs including:
- Diligent Recruitment Navigator. A customizable tool to help child welfare systems create a comprehensive, multifaceted diligent recruitment program. The Navigator provides suggested discussion questions and people to include in the process of developing a diligent recruitment plan and program.
- Publications such as Developing Recruitment Plans: A Toolkit for States and Tribes (557 KB PDF), offering strategies, examples, and tools for developing data-driven recruitment plans, and Data-Driven Recruitment: Key Data Elements on Foster and Adoptive Families (487 KB PDF), suggesting questions to ask to increase the effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Ideas from the field that share specific examples of how state, tribal, and county child welfare systems are addressing placement stability and permanency and implementing diligent recruitment programs.
- Recordings of webinars on topics including family support, the National Adoption Recruitment Campaign, data-driven recruitment, and developing an effective response system.
- Diligent recruitment grantee project highlights and products. Lessons learned, training curricula, communications templates, evaluation and data materials, and other tools developed and shared by 22 diligent recruitment projects funded by the Children’s Bureau.
- Other resources on family recruitment, development and support, ranging from tip sheets and worksheets to planning tools, toolkits, and comprehensive guides and manuals.